Monday, May 01, 2006

Who's My Rival

I have to say that I hate taking a new position when you have to work with the person you in affect replaced, I’ve had to do this twice now in my working career and both times the person has this grudge that is taken out on me, what the hell I didn't do anything to take the position away from them so why do they have to go after me. It’s big time annoying, especially when I try to make changes and they fight me every inch because I want to do things different from the way they did it. But obviously if they were doing it the "right" way then they would still be in that position. Anyways it's a frustration. I'd like to be able to learn a new position without the old person hanging around to argue every point.

Enough of that

I got Pearl Jam's new album this weekend, I pre-ordered it and for once the mail delivered something early. I won't give it away for anyone that reads this that might care, but it's a good one, I believe it will rank up there with their top ones. Great mix of tempo and melody and plenty of foot tapping will ensue.

It’s the beginning of a new week and so I must say that I want it to be a good one. I’m not sick anymore and so I got that going for me as well as great tunes to listen to.

Last pop culture mention - United 93 was a good film but it could have been a lot better. They didn't give any background on the passengers so by the end when they die you feel bad for them but it wasn't a tear jerker like I thought it did because I didn't even know their names. So it's a good film to watch but then you need to do your own research to learn about the people who died to save the capital.

0 comments: