Saturday, May 20, 2006

Saganaki Flaming Cheese

That's all I have to say about my time at ULA, saganaki flaming cheese. I loved it for those of you who don't know about the dish. It’s a square piece of Finnish cheese that they pour uzza over and then light on fire at the same time everyone cries out "OOPA!" it was a great experience, and so yes the conference was awesome. I went there to have fun and try everything that was offered I only failed at that one time. I was offered to go to a tea party on my last day, but I don't do tea, I can't make my pinky finger stick out very elegantly. Plus I’m not a big fan of cucumber sandwiches. But I did swim each night between 9:30 and 10:30pm the only time to swim is at night in my humble opinion. And I went on a hike each day. Amazing rocks and terrain. I also ate at new places had some great Mongolian bar BQ. I tried to become better acquainted to my fellow librarians that I work with at the different branches and I met the state librarian who was a little upset that I was taking online courses instead of using the state owned program. The classes and lectures were all great except for one. And I even met two authors that shared some great insight into writing, so yes it was a very productive time. I got a speeding ticket on the way home going 90 in a 75 that's what the ticket says but it was actually 92 and if I wasn't going up hill I would have been going 105 so all in all I can't complain.
Yes sir I do believe I’m going back again next year. I only wish I had time to register for ALA, but I’ll be in San Diego next year so keep your eyes out for me...

0 comments: