Friday, May 12, 2006

Oh Charlie Brown Where Are You

The day started out good nice and quiet. Then the third graders came to the library to practice their songs. Why is it that kids can't sound like the Charlie brown gang when they sing, so quiet and soft? These mutant monsters are screaming instead of actually singing. uuugg! Or however you'd pronounce Charlie's sound.

My head is clogging up with green slime.

One of the teachers asked if it was too loud I said yes (was that rude?), so she closed the door and I have to tell you it really didn’t help.

So I’ll be going to ULA next week that stands for Utah Library Association, I believe anyways that’s the gist. I’m not sure what I should wear for the conference, tuxedo, and suit, button up with tie, button up, t-shirt, pants, shorts what’s appropriate? I’ll have to ask either way I’d hate to be too or not enough dressy for my first of what will be many conferences involving librarians. Wow that sounds very exciting doesn’t it.

Yeah librarians get a bad rep. for being boring, know it alls, and well most of them are, but on the rare chance they are quite fascinating.

So from Tuesday to Friday I won’t be writing but I hope to have plenty to tell you on Saturday of next week.

I’ll be sharing a room with two basically strangers their librarians that work in different branches and so I don’t really know them all that well. The room only has two beds so I assume I either have to spoon with one of them or sleep on the floor. That alone will be interesting. I found out as I discussed this particular issue with my boss that girls have no problem spooning with complete strangers. Hmm well that is with women they don’t really know that well. I would hope they wouldn’t spoon with any bum off the street. Well maybe I do?

So I also need to tell you about marriage counseling number four. I have to say this one was a lot better compared to the first three. He talked to us about trying to find out what we really want out of a marriage. That way we can know what we’re expecting our partner to do for us and so our partner knows what to do to make the other happy. It gives me hope that things might work out but then again my pessimistic side also wonders if it’s too little too late. We shall see…

1 comments:

Vern Waters said...

So I guess we're not really strangers anymore. I've heard the same thing about girls not being into the whole spooning thing. I have never Although I must say that I'm kind of relieved that there was no spooning in the room, I had a great time in St. George. Wish you could have gotten to know my good friend Susan a little better. Enjoyed your company in the room and at dinner with flaming cheese.

And thanks to the wonderful world of the Blog, it is no longer true that "What happens at ULA Stays at ULA."

Had a great time in St. George. And, if you were worried, I think you were always dressed just fine.