Thursday, May 04, 2006

My History in Music Volume Two; In Comes Sorrow

"Finger Licking Good", remember the rules, enjoy.
Picking up where we left off
1. Japan pt.1
2. Crazy Mary, Pearl Jam- this is another song that reminds me of my good friend Justin from Seattle.
3. Near Wild Heaven, R.E.M. - IO had to get a job for Prom, I wanted to take Julie and I needed cash in a bad way. The only job I could get was at Burger King. I started working a few months before Prom so I could save up in time. I didn't like the job but the other employees were mostly fun to work with and my job was to close so a lot of my shift was when the store was closed so we played music while wee cleaned this is one of those songs.
4. Everyday People, Arrested Development- so I asked Julie to the Prom and at the time we were just friends so she didn't know I liked her. when I asked her she started to laugh at me, naturally I left the class a little upset, after a few friends talked me into asking her again I did and she laughed at me a second time, that was it for me so a little heart broken I went my way a day later she come up to me and told me she didn't realize I was being serious so we went to the prom. This was the first song we danced to together.
5. Drown, Smashing Pumpkins- June 6th Julie went back to Cali to spend her summer she promised she'd be back in the fall. Needless to say I was crushed so the summer was a downer for me then on sept 6th Justin deiced to go back to Seattle. I also found out that Julie wasn't coming back so once again I was alone and this song talks all about that.
6. Half a World Away, R.E.M. - The two most important people in my life were on the West Coast and it felt like a world away.
7. Black, Pearl Jam- when I found out Julie wasn't coming back I felt like I had lost my chance to tell Julie how I really felt about her and I was never going to be able to, this was a dark time for me to have had my first love and lost it so quickly.
8. Japan Pt.2
9. Today, Smashing Pumpkins- I had signed up for the Speech/Debate Club soon after the Prom so I could have a reason to spend time with Julie. Funny thing is she didn't come back that fall so I was left with the choice of either dropping out of the club or going for it. I went for it and loved it I meet many new friends and we spent all our time together on school bus traveling across the state of Wyoming and staying in hotels it was a great time for me. When ever we stayed in the hotels the only channel I watched was MTV I didn't have it at home so I loved it, I even left it on when I went to bed. Several times during the many nights I would wake up randomly and watch a video this was one of them.
10. Don't Tell Your Mother, The Sundays- So my arch enemy Davis Moore had the same idea that I had you see he was technically Julie's kind of boyfriend before she left and so he signed up for speech to spend more time with her in the fall to and we had antagonized each other and almost got in a fight when she was still here so when we saw each other we were cautious but soon we dropped our guards and became the best of friends. And this is another song that reminds me of those times in speech.
11. Beercan, Beck- I’m a loner by nature and even when I had all these new friends I still liked to spend some time alone when we got to the hotel I’d take my walkman and go walking around the hotel and listening to songs like this one.
12. Mountain Song, Jane's Addiction- the next two songs and bands remind me of Davis, the last best friend I’ve had. It’s weird how men who hate each other often become best friends; I loved Davis's funky style and way of living.
13. My Lovely Man, Red Hot Chilli Peppers- this song is Davis this song is Me This is our song, there's a line in the song that really describes both of us as we often went to dances together, "I use to shout across the room to you and you came dancing like a fool." we both loved dancing and he had a way to make it his own and yet had a class to it I was more the bill cosby on crack kind of dancer.
14. Pictures of you (remix0, The Cure- Scott Mehl introduced me to the Cure and help mold my life because of It. we had a unique friendship most of his friends admired him because of his high intelligence while I liked him because he was fun to hang out with.
15. Sometimes, Jesus and Mary Chain- this is a good a fade out song between Davis and Scott and their relationship together and with me as a trio.
16. Feed the Tree, Belly- The Manwhore Andy Tyler was a good friend of mine. He had a love of the female lead singer and so all the music I think of when I think of my friend is by women. We meet in speech and even did a few things together mostly one act play but I think we also did a comedy act to.
17. Labor of Love, Frente- Andy was younger than me and so he kind of looked up to me so our relationship was always a little uneven, but he had some good times our first rock concert together was Nirvana.
18. The Walk (everything mix), The Cure- This is one of many songs I listened to when I walked Evanston, wy. Yes it's small enough to walk in one afternoon.
19. Man on the Moon, R.E.M. - when I went walking it was mostly alone except for my trusty camera.
20. Japan Pt.3

This is not the end....

0 comments: