Monday, May 22, 2006

Time Waiting

The Color is a worn out blue... but the sentiment still stands that forever the day will stand and I will not find that purple mountain majestic instead I’d prefer a shaded cave. You scream dishonesty and selfishness. I will not live forever I reply. Firmly in hand I shake the life out of mind and squeeze drops of blood from my skin only to find myself used and disavowed. Mortal octopus’s games and creepy clowns follow above my car as the paper dragon destroys itself to protect me; the verse says it so well I will not repeat it. forward thinking corporations will save me like a mice might save a nut for something or someone special, I haven't found my something or someone she says and I keep thinking I’m here somewhere I stand but I don't even know for sure where that is, if only I was in a buried chest you could find me with a map, but only if it were written on sheep's skin. The modern woman will laugh at ‘em and shake her red hair, I don't know what I did that was so funny but then again it could be the fact that it was me that did it. Sorrow and red lips match my dress so well, it's hard to find one that will complement my shoulders and hairy back but with a little juice and beaky the buzzard I think I could find anything for anyone. so she walks the distance and shakes that plump ass of hers saying to herself for me to hear "you'll never touch it, you'll never taste it, but for now you can look" damn her eyes and mine for the things it sees, damn your eyes all to hell, as I hang in front of you like a 17th century French aristocrat, well at lest it wasn't off with my head and all that. Wandering and wondering the muse's music to play the heart strings like a harp and never to touch or caress but to hold and worship. Have you wanted me to make you my religion? Do you want me to sacrifice myself for redemption? I don't even want that part of me showing in private but you demand it of me in public. Screaming into deaf ears will only make the throat hurt...

0 comments: