Thursday, May 25, 2006

Waiting on a Phone to be Threatened by a Antelope

The sound of static over the phone waiting to be treated sorely by a fellow colleague, you see I have a bad habit of teasing and harassing but all in good fun well sometimes I go too far and either annoy some people or even hurt their feelings so I have to be careful. well I was teasing this particular colleague that I think is pretty cool and would like to consider a friend but that's a whole other issue of when and even if you can be friends with colleagues. Back to the story at hand, so I like have fun with the said colleague. I gave this colleague a nickname that really wasn't the best nickname if I had thought about it a little, but of course I went ahead and trusted my "harassment" gut and used it well it didn't go off so well. Now I think I might have made my fellow colleague mad so I’m going to have to be really nice and that usually means I have to leave the person alone for awhile. Oh bother, you would think I’d have learned my lesson years ago but of course I haven't.
It’s a lonely road to walk that of a teaser... queue sad music and fade to grainy black and white...

Well not much planned for the weekend that being the memorial weekend. I’ll probably make my way to visit my Aunt and Grandpa's graves and I might also go get my vision checked and get a new pair of eyeglasses. I’ve been totting the same style now for about 12 years so I think I’m due a change. The problem is that I like my current style of glasses the 1950's solid black thick frames. I’ve had different styles of the same concept over the 12 years but all very similar I’ve done the solid black the black top and wire bottom and finally the black top that fades into a clear bottom, all very cool and unique. I’ve noticed that a lot more people have been wearing the style and that's one of the major reasons I want to change. "It's been done" as one of my favorite Poets once said. So we shall see...

Lastly I went to my fifth married counseling session today it was pretty good. I learned about the goldilocks syndrome. People are either the aggressive or passive in relationships. Commonly one person puts forward more effort than the other in different parts of the relationship for example being intimate. So one wants it more than the other and so naturally they pursue the other which makes the other naturally flee. Now if both partners are aware of this then they can learn to live with each other's style for example the pursuer can learn not to push themselves on to their partner so forcefully while the partner can learn that if they give into the other then they are quickly satisfied and then will leave them in peace. Now each person and each relationship has different sized buffers so the key is to find the comfortable place for the two people hence goldilocks not too cold not too hot but just right.
Another thing we learned is that there are different ways of looking at life and relationships one is a day to day approach the other is life time commitment. now of course my wife and I are different I’m a day to day guy and she's a life time commitment girl, but we have to agree to live the same way otherwise neither one will ultimately feel comfortable, wither I’ll feel smothered and pressure to perform for a lifetime or she will feel unloved and neglected because I don't look into the future as much as she does.
So basically we both have to learn to find the just right buffer between us and we have to decide how we're going to look at life and our marriage a day to day deal or a life time/eternal outlook. I’ll keep you informed.

1 comments:

Vern Waters said...

My good friend from Salt Lake County love, love, loves your glasses...However, since she has just met you she may not know you are in need of a change. I like the look, but I understand the need for a change. I got my new specs about six months ago. I like them, and I ordered them on a whim when my wife needed glasses to help with her headaches. I neglected to get an eye exam and now I wish I hgad done that as we spent too much for the glasses. I feel like I need to just keep wearing them for a while...

Anyway, it will be cool to see your new look. Cool Blog...I was referred by a friend who loves Godiva Chocolate...