Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Things I Get Myself Into

So I volunteered myself to work at another branch today. I figured it would look good if I gave an effort to support the team. I walk in to the said branch and it's like an insane circus, there are two story times with about a hundred small children between the ages of 2-4 with their mothers wandering around clueless or just ignoring their children as they base jump from the tops of the bookshelves. It's as close to organized chaos as one can get, and I wonder if I'll regret it? You and I will find out tomorrow.

Today was payday but as usual the money disappears fast with bills and needs. Will there ever be enough? Or do I need to learn to live without it. I've always wanted to live a life of a hermit or monk, and actually there's a monastery near the new branch I work at I wonder if you have to be a catholic to be one or if they'd accept me under special reasoning? I'm going to have to look into it. I wonder if they have a website. Wouldn't that be neat if monks had a webpage? I did hear from our custodian that once a year they get to eat chicken (I guess their vegetarians the rest of the year) they have this big picnic and order a few buckets of KFC. I love their mashed potatoes so I could really go for that.

0 comments: