Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Great Fears and Family Ties

So I grew up in a crazy family like most people. I'd like to meet someone that had a normal white bread family. I digress, one of the many things that I have come to realize is about my family is that we have a bizarre emotional understanding. What I mean is that when I made one of my three sisters mad or they made me mad or hurt feelings blah blah we very rarely apologized and still don't we just kind of forget about it and in a few hours or days we're ok with each other again. So I'm finding it hard to learn how to talk about feelings and how I feel with my wife when she grew up with three sisters and really without parents, so they always talked about that kind of stuff. It really makes a big difference in how we communicate when I want to just forget about it and she wants to talk about every little thing that she feels. I don't know. As I look back on what I've written I sound like the typical guy but I don't think I am.

the point is my greatest fear is losing my family my sisters and mom and dad. Is that awful to say? Maybe because we've spent the whole eight years trying to connect I can say I don't fear losing that, because we haven't gotten anything yet? Now that does sound harsh but I think it makes sense.

I realized why this particular post sounds so harsh, I just finished my second round of counseling and I'm all "talked out" when it comes to feelings, I promise I'm not this heartless I'm just worn out.

0 comments: