Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Hot Showers and Stuffy Heads

You'll have to excuse me while I listen to Pearl Jam's song that's posted on Amazon.com "Life Wasted" it's amazing.

So needless to report that my allergies/asthma/cold are still thriving in my head and body. And you'd think a hot shower would help things but in fact it made me feel even worse, so stick that in your butter.

o.k. I’m behind on blog issues I want to bring up but this one is big and I can't in all good conscious not tell you about it in case the guy ends up not being crazy.


So last week from Wednesday to Thursday we had this strange older guy living at the library in one of our conference rooms. he carried an oversized metal briefcase the kind you see in movies that the drug dealers carry their money in, so for the two days he was here he carried the thing with him everywhere even when he left the room to go and get a drink from the water fountain, or when he would come up and ask us for random odd things, like a calendar from 2004 or a star chart. He said he was working on something very important for the government but couldn't get into so we just assumed he was crazy and smiled. At one point he asked if we had a shredder, I told him we do and he asked if it would be ok for him to shred the documents himself so I said sure. From that point on he would help himself to our shredder at odd times and would watch the paper to make sure all of it made it through before leaving. the next weird thing was one day he asked one of the other employees to watch the briefcase (I don't know what he had to do that he couldn't take it with him (he took it into the restroom with him)) he told the employee that if anything should happen to the case that the government would be coming after the employee as well as him so not to take his eyes off of it.
yesterday I was talking to one of our elderly patrons that come in daily and he told me that he went to lunch with the guy, and they talked about the weird conversation they had about how this guy was in the Regan administration, but couldn't talk about what he did for Regan, and how whatever it was that he was working on was for a big meeting in D.C. with some senators. He also told our regular patron that he was staying at the monastery (I guess they still offer sanctuary (which is very cool)). so anyways the last thing the guy told our patron is to watch for his name in the news in the coming weeks because something big is going to happens, so to protect this guy from whoever he was hiding from I won't tell you his name but I’m going to be keeping an eye out for his name in the papers and I’ll let you all know if I see it.

0 comments: