Monday, July 31, 2006

Woody and Groucho

I've been wanting to get Marr my Blue rat a new roommate since Floyd went and had a stroke, but I've been nervous due to the fact that Marr is so calm and easy going that Floyd just bossed him around and almost abused him. I didn't want that to happen again, so I figured that I needed to buy two rats that way whoever became the Alpha Rat there would at least be one other rat that would be nice to Marr. The only problem with having three rats is the cage I have is too small for three so I'd have to buy a bigger cage.
With these thoughts in mind I went to the local pet store and bought Woody and Groucho, they are two smaller fancy rats, Yeah I don't like that name either. Woody is a brown/tan and white rat, named after Woody Allen. Groucho is black and white and named after Groucho Marx. I'll get photos up soon. I wanted a nice two story cage that was the same size as the one I had before so it would still fit on the same table, but all they had were one story and three story cages. I went home with a three story mansion.
I think it went to Marr's head because he is now taking on a more aggressive Alpha Rat attitude. I'm going to wait a week or two to see if he keeps up the attitude but I think he's sick of being at the bottom and has risen to become dictator of the cage, I just hope he doesn't let the power go to his head and the two peasants revolt.




I went and saw Woody's new movie this weekend. I loved it! I saw that to all his movies but this is one of his better comedies that he's done since the 80's. I recommend it for anyone. It was good to see him in this one. In his last movie he didn't act in it and I missed him. There's just something funny about Woody Allen that just makes me smile and laugh even when he's not trying to be funny.
I love it!

1 comments:

dmaismith said...

And just so you know: my brother-in-law had a few rats and they killed each other-like body parts strewn around the cage-until only one was left.

Just so you know.

I'm holding off on getting a new rat. If you ever need a sitter, let me know.