Friday, July 28, 2006

My History in Music Volume Four; Everyone I Know Goes Away in the End

1.Annoying
2.Immortality;Pearl Jam- working at my first factory job, alone feeling ok about it
3.Fall on Me;R.E.M.- The first time I got to see R.E.M. in concert and it was amazing. I wore my dress, Davis was with me and we danced and laughed A girl next to us took her shirt off so that made us smile and after the show a group of four girls attacked me and ripped my dress off my body leaving me with only me shorts to go home in, it was a great night.
4.The Godfather Waltz;The Godfather Soundtrack- One day Scott, Davis, and I spent the whole day watching the trilogy. I love these movies. It's hard to express how much fun we had doing nothing at all really.
5.Nightswimming;R.E.M.- the last summer of my youth I discovered nightswimming, the act of swimming naked at night, the first couple of times I went alone and it became a religious experience fro me floating on my back in a lake or pond looking at the stars and moon. Later I would invite Scott and Davis to join me and that was fun. The last time I did it I invited a girl named Erin, she was shy so she wore her underwear which was just fine.
6.Supernaught; 1,000 Homo DJ's- this was a side project for Trent Reznor. Davis found it and turned me on to it. It reminds me of our last trip and time together. He was going to school at the university of Wyoming with Scott, so I went with him and stayed with the two of them a couple of days before school started, we had a time.
7.Hurt;Nine Inch Nails- I had a feeling before I left that I would never see my friends again, but then I also thought we were to close to ever separate. I should have trusted my feelings. While I was gone no one wrote me more then one or two letters, not even Davis my closest friend wrote me once a year for two years, even thought I wrote him nearly every week. Everyone I knew went away in the end
8.Alive;Pearl Jam- the night before I left I played my two most favorite songs, these two songs also helped me more than any other song to battle my depression and gave me the will to keep going.
9.It's the End of the World as We Know it(and I feel fine);R.E.M.- I love this one because I've had times where I felt like I'd reached the end of my world and so whenever I feel that way I try and remember this song and sing along.
10.Log
11.Fat Bottom Girls;Queen- My Trainer use to sing the chorus to this song everytime we go on our bikes.
12.Glycerine;Bush- I heard this at a friends house during thanksgiving and I thought it was beautiful. It always takes me back there when I hear it.
13. Visur Vant Sendan Rous;Bjork- I heard this from my favorite companion and who would later be a roommate in college. It's a haunting song. It's sung in Icelandic and I hope I never find out what she's saying, it can't match the emotion.
14.Alkaseltzer
15.Sometimes;Pearl Jam- When I came back my friends were all gone and I couldn't live in Evanston, WY anymore so I moved down to West Point, UT and moved in with my aunt and shared a room with my cousin Zack. This song reminds me of driving around alone exploring.
16.So Fast So Numb;R.E.M.- This songs reminds me of driving across Wyoming when I went to visit Davis at school and to visit Anna a girl I had meet in high school debate club competitions, but due to my misguided loyalty to Julie I never did anything but now I was free, we had a few good months together.
17.Pilgrimage;R.E.M.- The second job and last one before I leaving for college was at Autoliv an airbag factory in Roy/Ogden that my cousin helped me get. During this period I was getting into the early R.E.M. and reading and watching movies it was a fun time of exploration.
18.Here Comes Your Man;The Pixies- This is a RIck's song, a song I heard at dances and in my new friend's apt. An old favorite that took on a new life with new memories. I even knew a guy who sung it in a pizza parlor with his band.
19.It's Not Unusual;Tom Jones- There was a great thrift store in Rexburg, Id and I found this great record of Tom Jones and I loved it. This is one of those songs that brings out the playful side of me.
20.Dancing with Myself;Billy Idol- The 80's were big in Idaho, and this is one of those standard songs that everyone loves.
21.Forever;Ben Harper-This song is Jacqueline she gave me a mix with this song on it. She even used lines from the song to put on the inside of my ring. It describes her point of view perfectly.
22.Woody Allen- the next biggest influence in my life. I was introduced to him and his movies in my first semester of college once we moved to Salt Lake.

0 comments: