Monday, July 17, 2006

Pearl Jam is not DEAD





I had a great time in Los Angeles. The two nights of Pearl Jam were great! I'm not a die hard fan like some who goto several dozen shows each tour. I have a habit of two a tour. This tour I decided to see both the shows back to back. The pictures above are from my two nights. The first nights setlists was;
Pre-Opener Porch
Set 1 Release, World Wide Suicide*, Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Severed Hand*, Jeremy, Gone*, Even Flow, Unemployable*, Wasted Reprise*, Better Man, Whipping#, Not For You/(Modern Girl)#, Inside Job*, Life Wasted*, Rearviewmirror
Encore 1 Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Come Back*, Here's to The State of Mississippi#, Black, Crown Of Thorns, Alive
Encore 2 Last Kiss, Comatose*, Why Go#, Big Wave*, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

*-denote songs from the new album. #-denote songs I hadn't yet heard live and are from past albums.

I really love their new album so I was excited to hear a lot of it the first night. It was also my first time to see Ed do a pre-opener song, this is where he comes out before the opening band and does a song by himself. It was also the first time to see the band close the night with the lights on for two songs, usually you know the nights over when they turn all the lights on in the arena, but that first night they turned them on for Baba O'Riley and then the band began to leave and Mike started in to Yellow Ledbetter. He ended the song playing the national anthem. I haven't ever heard anyone attempt this outside of Jimi Hendrix. I was amazed and pretty close to Jimi's version. A great night.



The second nights setlist;

Pre-Opener Walking The Cow#
Set 1 World Wide Suicide*, Brain Of J., Animal, Marker In The Sand*, Severed Hand*, Even Flow, MFC#, I Got Id, Corduroy, Daughter/(It's Ok)/(I Believe In Miracles)/(Blitzkrieg Bop), Sad#, Garden#, Down#, Go, Better Man/(Save it for Later), I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts#, Porch
Encore 1 Man Of The Hour#, Off He Goes#, Footsteps, Once#, Alive
Encore 2 Big Wave*, Comatose*, State Of Love And Trust, Leash#, Rockin' In The Free World

*-denote songs from the new album. #-denote songs I hadn't yet heard live and are from past albums.

I was worried the second night wouldn't have as much energy as the first night but I was wrong. The second night there was a lot more audience singing and energy. It made for a great night. In the end I was worn out and left very sour the next day. I might be getting too old for rock shows, but then again I might not.
the highlights were Garden, Off He Goes, Leash, and the trilogy in reverse order.

It was hard leaving for home but then again I'm not a huge California fan so It wasn't to hard to leave.

0 comments: