Thursday, July 27, 2006

Ache In Reverse0

yellow peas that follow the written word of God translated into Greek to speak of strangers and the things they want to offer me I don't need another monkey on my back. Children and their parents feed the need to castrate myself before I can become one of these drones/ don't get me wrong I want children but do I have to ignore them and allow them to pick their nose like a man might dig a trench for survival? The wrong answers are always my fault and all I wanted was the customer to be helped and yet it’s my fault you’re rooting away in a dumpster full of grass and recycled paper we tell them we're saving the world while we help push the needle in deeper. I am not this animal I am the other. The reason we can't see heaven in the skies at night and the man next to me won't shut the hell up!
Is it normal to imagine what it might feel like to push a pencil in too deep to retracted? Let me reword that and say I love everything about you but that. That one true form of injustice. Why can't you shut up and listen to the music flow out into the hot night air and watch the homeless tap their feet. Or is it the rhythm of the pop cans hitting the street from dumpster level that keeps you going.
This poem is not about a burrito, but I’d love to buy you know and share it if we could just for once sit and talk face to face damn this limit. I will see you in the paper and movies and want ads for Bigfoot’s proof
All we ever want is proof
That we are in fact alive and not in some vacuum without friction or light to bounce off of.
The bananas might be free with one other choice but I will not dry them and save them for the day Teddy warned us about on his famous march up Bunker Hill or Bull Run or some God awful mountain/plain/swamp that men will spill their blood over to own
To gain a new disease.
Will he never shut up?
I hate this life you've made me I don't want it and it will never end
Damn that monkey card for all the good it will do.
I swear I was alive once and not just once but more than anyone else I have ever seen
And the good I did was as close to magic as we will ever see in this life...

1 comments:

dmaismith said...

Know you are appreciated!!!