Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Rats...they don't eat the blood off of loved one's feet

So I was reading something a friends wrote and I made a quick choice to go out and buy two rats. I have to say I like them very much, but being new to the whole things we'll see how it all goes. I got two, a Blue rat, with a solid blue coat named Marr and a Hairless rat(which aren't really hairless they have a small amount of peach fuzz) his name is Floyd. Marr is a bit older then Floyd about twice floyd's size but is very mellow and calm. Floyd is a nervous ball of energy and seems to love running around in teh cage and climbing the walls and playing monkey bars with the roof. He also seems to eat constantly. He also sneezes a lot and I'm wondering if he is allergic to me? I need to go on line and figure out how long I need to wait before I start to explore the house outside of the cage? It's a big house for two little rats and I don't want them to get lost or stuck somewhere, I'm also wondering if they are potty trained I don't really want them to crap outside of the cage so we'll see what I can find on line.
School is still crazy and out of control these first two weeks seem to have killed me , but I'm starting to get some ideas on how to spread the stress so it's not so hard to deal with, I'll report back on that later. counceling is going better now that i feel more comfortable with the shrink and we're getting into more meaty topics. so all and all this are working nothing is at a stand still, work is in full summer mode with all of it's reading programs and such. I don't have anything funny to say so see ya...

1 comments:

dmaismith said...

I'll put a couple rats books in the shuttle for you. Rats do get respiratory problems. I'll tell you what medicines work for what after I get the names from the pet store.