Friday, June 30, 2006

104 Things to do Before I Die

1. Ride in a hot air balloon
2. Get certified in scuba diving
3. Publish a novel
4. Paint an oil painting
5. Have Kids
6. Tour Graceland
7. Sleep under the stars at 75
8. Steal a yield Sign
9. Build a ship in a bottle
10. Perform in front of a crowd
11. Write in each style of writing
12. Retype my poems
13. Run in the New York Marathon
14. Type my journal (I've started this one)
15. Keep a Journal (the blog works right?)
16. Graduate from College (in the middle right now)
17. Ride on a Train (did this on my last trip to England)
18. Fly a Remote controlled Airplane
19. Pet a Big Cat (leopard, tiger, etc.)
20. Ride in a helicopter
21. Learn to fly fish
22. Shoot a crossbow
23. Build a trebuchet
24. Work in a record store
25. Set up a squirrel feeder in my back yard
26. Plant a tree
27. Grow a garden
28. Eat sushi (I love this)
29. Build my kids a tree house
30. Launch a rocket
31. Play paint ball
32. Visit a cave (done this a few times love caves)
33. Take up bird watching
34. Keep a meditation journal
35. Cut down my own Christmas tree
36. Climb a tree at eighty
37. Sky dive
38. Mine for gold
39. Build a sculpture
40. Do my genealogy
41. Serve on a jury
42. Own a sword
43. Own a stuffed squirrel
44. Own a life sized suite of armor
45. Read all of the Harvard classics
46. Read all of Kurt Vonnegut's books (about halfway)
47. Learn to fence
48. Learn to play the guitar
49. Learn to play a harmonica
50. Learn to play chess (I'm a beginner I'd like to find a practice partner)
51. Learn to fly a plane
52. Learn Latin
53. Own season tickets to the symphony
54. Own season tickets to the opera
55. Watch a space shuttle launch
56. Watch a bull fight (even thought I think it is morally wrong)
57. Take part in the running of the bulls (give Karma a chance to get me back for watching a bull fight)
58. Watch a demolition derby
59. Watch a dog race
60. See a Broadway play (I saw Chicago, but I'd like to see more)
61. See Idlewild live (I've seen them three times since the creation of the list)
62. See the Flaming Lips live (I've seen them twice and been on stage with them for on of the times)
63. Go to a Monster Truck Rally
64. Go to a Jazz club
65. Go to the David Letterman Show
66. Go to the Conan O'Brien Show
67. Go to the Saturday Night Live Show
68. Go river rafting (Done this once but I want to do it more)
69. Go to an Auction
70. Go on a treasure hunt
71. Go on a cruise
72. Save the world for two years or so
73. Go night swimming at least once a year
74. Learn to Bow hunt
75. Make a pair of Pants
76. Make an album
77. Make a sand castle on both coasts
78. Make something out of Popsicle sticks (I'm sure I did this when I was little but I think it would be fun to do it again)
79. Make my own camera
80. Make a walking stick
81. Make something out of leather (done this a few times but I want something really cool)
82. Shake the hand of a prophet
83. Shake the hand of Edward Louis Severson III
84. Shake the hand of John Michael Stipe
85. Be on the Simpson's
86. Be in the tabloids
87. Be in a play (I've also done this but I like it a lot)
88. Be an extra in a movie
89. Visit New York (done this)
90. Visit Texasarkana
91. Visit Athens, Ga
92. Visit London (done this twice)
93. Visit Paris
94. Visit Rome
95. Visit Ireland
96. Visit Scotland (did it)
97. Visit Germany
98. Visit important historical sites of America
99. Spend a day in each of the states
100. Visit each continent including Antarctica
101. Visit count Dracula's Castle
102. Visit Jerusalem
103. Visit Hell, Michigan
104. Visit the unclaimed baggage center in Scottsboro, AZ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is "publish a novel" ONLY #3?

You need to get your priorities straight!

-your pal in revolutionary library science,
Jeremiah D.

Brannigan C said...

Hello Fellow Revolutionary-

To answer your question, I don't have the list prioritized. It's more of a free flowing when the thought hits me list. Your question does bring up some very good questions of where everything would be placed if there was an order to it, so maybe I'll spend sometime on the list and rank them. Thanks for the suggestion and post.

Bubba