Friday, June 23, 2006

Cracks In-Between

Dragonflies trapped in
black and white.
It’s the buildings he sees, in
a state of crumbling fear.
Disregard
I heard voices calling
your name. You’ve stopped visiting
my sleep, like a lover visiting
a grave. Nothing left
to say, we call it rivalry.

I know heaven, hell
that isn’t the issue, where
am I headed. She tells me
we’re glued together,
what she can’t see is the way I’m
peeling. Back to back
carrying the weight, our world.
Waiting for an edge.

It seems there are cracks
to the greatest love, We see
in-between movie frames.
Sing me Moon River
in a smoky club, blue
light hair, curling lips.
The way piano’s tickle the spine.

Lay me down, in clouds
of confusion. Wondering if I
had cancer, would you finally see me
for whom I am what I want.
It still leaves me to believe
cradled fear will crumble.
Songs will turn to hums.
We forget the things we don’t say.
Feelings left unfelt.
Buildings in misuse.

0 comments: