Friday, February 20, 2009

The Latest In Action News




It's been awhile since the last update. I love the idea of blogging not because I like the idea of other people reading my entries as I know they don't. I like it because it's my modern day dear diary. I almost feel like a 12 year old girl writing in a diary about life's occurrences each and every day while wearing my fuzzy slippers.

The hard thing is that I cannot allow my blog to be my diary as we all know by now that you can be fired by the things you write. What power words hold (and the fact that HR has nothing better to do than to hunt for employee's musings online). For that reason I am not allowed to talk about everything that I think about. Which leads me to, at times when I'm in the greatest need to write, not to.

The economy has hit my family hard. My wife lost her job in December and as of right now still out of work. It's amazing how hard it is to get a job these days. She has applied to around 60 jobs and had several interviews and two very close calls. One problem is that with things so bad no one is in a hurry to offer a job to someone any time soon when they can save money by postponing as long as possible. We are in a hard place money wise. As for me job wise, things are good and bad, but due to the above acknowledgment I'm not going into details. I am the sole bread winner these days.

I am enjoying the fact that I have begun to write more lately than I have in a long time. I have a 1st draft novel and a poetry/art project I'm working on with a very talented rediscovered friend.

Oh, and I've also recently discovered I have IBS, which could be do to my daily stress, eating, or both. Let's just say things are better after a year of pain.

I've given up on having two specialty blogs on R.E.M. and Pearl Jam so I've combined my old posts to this blog. I did however keep one of the two blogs as I enjoy the title and don't want to give it up as of right now.

Let us hope that in the near future I can be a little more upfront with everything going on in my life.

I am learning to develop patience.

3 comments:

dmaismith said...

I was just diagnosed with IBS too. And today I gave myself a stomachache by eating sour, gummy worms. Guess sugar is a no,no.

Brannigan C said...

I hear ya sister almost everything I love to eat hurts me. I hate blah foods. I guess I either suffer for the rest of my life, or starting eating the blah stuff. Bright side is I might drop a few pounds.

Brown Family said...

Sorry to hear things are tough. I have this quirky love of helping people get their resumes PERFECT if your wife is interested ... although as a writer you maybe have that down pat.

My BFF has IBS, and it's sure a pain! But at least knowing can help you decide how best to work with it.

I think the best thing about being unemployed is that I can say any offensive thing I want without retribution -- except from the in-laws ... which may be worse than employers since you're stuck with them forever! :)

Good luck to you and your family.