Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Strokes Friday Sep 29 2006 In the Venue SLC,UT




The Strokes are getting better each time I see them. This is number three for me, once every album. The first time the band was visibly nervous and barely moved around on the stage. The second time there was a little more moving around and talking between band and audience. But this last time was a huge difference, the band was about on the stage shaking their money makers and Julian Casablancas was dancing and talking and even joking with the pit. It was great. The music was crisp and jumping. I haven't seen a mosh pit move like it should in a long time. They paced themselves well and showed their appreciation to the crowd by playing a request. It was a night to remember and made me feel young again. Here's the setlist enjoy.

1. You Only Live Once
2. Heart in A Cage
3. Juicebox
4. Modern Age
5. Red Light
6. Is This It
7. Ize of the World
8. Killing Lies
9. Last Nite
10.Hard to Explain
11.Ask Me Anything
12.Vision of Division
13.Reptilia
Encore
14.New York City Cops
15.Someday*
16.Walk on the Wild Side^
17.Take it or Leave it

*request from the pit that Julian was only to happy to supply
^A Lou Reed cover they made a joke about Marky Mark never played this live, but then quickly took the statement back not wanting to make themselves sound like idiots if they were wrong.

Sorry I don't have any photos of the show, the security confiscated a lot, I seriously had to sneak my pen in to write down the setlist. I won't tell where I hide it.

0 comments: