Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Headaches and MRI's



It's been a bit so forgive one and all. I went to my doctor's office last Thursday about my nasty headaches. I've had headaches since puberty and they've been getting worse the older I get. I've been on a lot of different medicines to try and fix things, but haven't had a lot of success. I went in to see if we could try something new with my medication or such and he wants me to get an MRI done to see if I have a rare defect were the Cerebral part of my brain is too big and is being forced down into my spinal cord. He also wants me to go cold turkey off of all pain medicines, because if you take too many too often your body gets addicted to the stuff and gives you headaches. He said it could be a rough couple of days and it was I was in a daze for about 3-4 days. He also said it would take a couple of weeks before I started feeling better. I've been trying a bunch of hippie medicine and herbal stuff as well as meditation. It helps for the smaller headaches but hasn't done anything for the big ones. I don't get my MRI until November. I'll let you know how it turns out. I almost hope that's what I have just so I don't have to keep wondering what's wrong with my head.

School is going next week is midterms so time is flying. Still disappointed with the classes this semester. Next semester I have one required class left and then I can start taking more specialized classes. If anyone’s got a recommendation let me know.

One last thing I’m a fat ass.
I got on the scales and I weigh 211.8 which is 9lbs heavier then I have ever been in my life. I’m on my oatmeal diet breakfast and lunch I eat a bowl of oatmeal. My goal is to loose 40lbs and be at 171.8 by June 2007. So I’ll let you know how I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dog,
You need to hydrate. Keep drinking water. H2-O.
that's all I drink. water, water, water.
and coffee. then more water.
maybe a beer or 2 or 3
and then twice as much WATER.
The doctors are not your friends!
You don't need a freaking MRI for a headache.
What you need is water and whole lot less STRESS.
see ya at staff developemetn day,
JeremiaD

Vern Waters said...

Man, has Bob got a thing for water or what?

I certainly know what he says about the stress. I'm thinking of changing my middle name to Stress. Maybe I will change my whole name to Restless Insomniac.

I hope you feel better once you get past the rebound headaches. I found out about it on 20/20. It's a very sad thing when you recognize yourself on the news. It's a little bit like discovering something about yourself in a Jim Gaffigan or Steven Wright joke.