Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Psychedelic Furs and The Killers at the Hollywood Bowl 9/16/09




I never thought I'd see the massive Psychedelic Furs live, but when a band that loves and respects the 80's as much as The Killers, it was bound to happen and I'm glad I was there to see it. The Psychedelic Furs did an amazing job of showing the young ones how to rock. They played their hits and burned up the stage. They however neglected to play their hit song Pretty in Pink. I'll admit I was a little hurt, but I figured they were just sick to death of the song.

This was the third time I saw the Killers live and I'll admit I really tired hard to hate these guys when they first came out, but heaven help me they are a live band. They're the type of band you can easily dismiss on the radio as rehashing a past decade but once you stand in a crowd caught by their light, music and presence it won't be long before you're smiling like you mean it. Yeah I just said that.

They played their hits and several songs from their new album, with out a dull moment. The highlights were their cover of Only Fools Rush In, which was spot on. There were several times that Brandon was channeling a little Elvis during the show. The second was a small dream come true. The Psychedelic Furs came out during the encore to play a duet of Pretty in Pink with The Killers.

In the end I'll never pass on the chance to see either band play me sweet music.

Sorry I don't have my usual set list, I went under prepared.

0 comments: