Friday, September 18, 2009

100 Things to do before I die.

1. Ride in a hot air balloon
2. Get certified in scuba diving (just found out this is hard to do with asthma so we'll see about this)
3. Publish a novel
4. Paint an oil painting
5. Have Kids
6. Tour Graceland
7. Sleep under the stars at 75
8. Hike the Appalachian trail
9. Build a ship in a bottle
10. Perform in front of a crowd
11. Write
12. Retype my poems
13. Run in the New York Marathon
14. Type up my written journals (I've started this one)
15. Keep a Journal (the blog works right?)
16. Fly a Remote controlled Airplane
17. Pet a Big Cat (leopard, tiger, etc.)
18. Ride in a helicopter
19. Learn to fly fish
20. Shoot a crossbow
21. Work in a record store
22. Set up a squirrel feeder in my back yard
23. Grow a garden
24. Build my kids a tree house
25. Launch a rocket
26. Play paint ball
27. Take up bird watching
28. Keep a meditation journal
29. Cut down my own Christmas tree
30. Climb a tree at 80
31. Sky dive
32. Mine for gold
33. Build a sculpture
34. Do my genealogy
35. Serve on a jury
36. Own a stuffed squirrel
37. Own a life sized suit of armor
38. Read the classics
39. Read all of Kurt Vonnegut's books (about halfway)
40. Learn to play the guitar (started this but I've got a long way to go)
41. Learn to play a harmonica
42. Learn to fly a plane
43. Learn Latin
44. Own season tickets to the symphony
45. Own season tickets to the opera
46. Watch a space shuttle launch
47. Watch a bull fight (even though I think it is morally wrong)
48. Take part in the running of the bulls (give Karma a chance to get me back for watching a bull fight)
49. Watch a demolition derby
50. Watch a dog race
51. Go to a Monster Truck Rally
52. Go to a Jazz club
53. Go to the David Letterman Show
54. Go to the Conan O'Brien Show
55. Go to the Saturday Night Live Show
56. Go to an Auction
57. Go on a treasure hunt
58. Go on a cruise
59. Save the world for two years or so
60. Go night swimming at least once a year (not doing so hot on this so far)
61. Make a pair of Pants
62. Make an album
63. Make a sand castle on both coasts
64. Make my own camera
65. Make a walking stick
66. Make something out of leather that's cool
67. Shake the hand of a prophet
68. Be in a community play
69. Be an extra in a movie
70. Visit Texasarkana
71. Visit Athens, Ga
72. Visit Paris
73. Visit Rome
74. Visit Ireland
75. Visit Germany
76. Visit important historical sites of America
77. Spend a day in each of the states
78. Visit each continent including Antarctica.
79. Visit count Dracula's Castle
80. Visit Jerusalem
81. Visit Hell, Michigan
82. Visit the unclaimed baggage center in Scottsboro, AZ
83. Be married to Jacqueline til the day I die.
84. Be a skilled wood carver
85. Find ways to serve other people in little ways
86. Become a regular volunteer for an organization
87. Sacrifice for someone I love
88. Sacrifice for a stranger
89. Learn calligraphy
90. Improve my drawing and watercolor skills
91. Find joy in the journey
92. Relax more
93. Find time to be quiet each day
94. Learn old English
95. Learn a living language
96. Make a life sized catapult or trebuchet
97. Never stop dreaming
98. Never stop learning(I’d like to get a Bachelor’s degree in English and Science, I’d also like to get a PhD in Medieval History).
99. Increase my power of memorization
100. Sleep in a castle

Things That Use to Be on the List that I've accomplished

1. Graduate from College
2. Ride on a Train (did this on my last trip to England)
3. Build a trebuchet (made one out of Popsicle sticks)
4. Plant a tree (I've planted 5 so far)
5. Eat sushi (love it)
6. Visit a cave (done this a few times love caves)
7. Own a sword (I own a civil war sword)
8. Learn to fence (Took a class (but I want to take another one))
9. Learn to play chess (I'm a beginner I'd like to find a partner)
10. See a Broadway play (I've seen Chicago, Les Miserables, Wicked, and The White Lady, but I'd like to see more)
11. See Idlewild live (I've seen them three times since the creation of the list)
12. See the Flaming Lips live (I've seen them twice and been on stage with them for one of the times)
13. Go river rafting (Done this once but I want to do it more)
14. Learn to Bow hunt (took a class and it was rad)
15. Make something out of Popsicle sticks (see #3)
16. Visit New York
17. Visit London (done this twice)
18. Visit Scotland

1 comments:

dmaismith said...

These are some cool goals. Some are on my list as well. I think goals make it easier to be excited about living.