Monday, May 04, 2009

Day 2 in LA

It was a great day. The weather was awesome and I woke up early and enjoyed seeing my wife next to me, after spending two months apart. Unfortunately we had to sleep on our air mattress as our real mattress was still wet from the drive but that didn't hamper our joy. I wore loafers to church today. I have to say I was never a loafers guy, but California has helped me appreciate the comfort of loafers.

We meet new people at our church everyone was friendly doing all they could to help us feel welcome. We were even invited over to eat lunch with a family. It was so nice to eat real food again after spending the day before eating only gas station food and McDonald's. I'm not complaining but no one wants to eat that stuff forever.

Spent the evening getting caught up on a few shows and I'm trying out the Beta NBC Video Rewind, so far not bad. Only complaint is that it claims you can watch shows offline (because you download them) but when I try to open the program it automatically sends me online to the show's website even after I've downloaded the episode I want to watch. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that it's just me.

I'm trying not to be nervous about my job interview this Tuesday. Part of this move to LA is about trying to adopt healthier habits and trains of thought. I don't want to worry about something I can't control, like I would in the past. I want to go in do my best and focus on the idea that if it's meant to happen it will. I can only show them who I am and if that isn't what they are looking for I wouldn't be happy there. It helps me to calm down and enjoy the moments.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow...

0 comments: