Monday, June 09, 2008

Death Cab For Cutie at Thanksgiving Point With Tegan and Sara 05/26/08 SLC, UT




This was my first show at Thanksgiving point, and I have to say besides the staff being rude and unhelpful, the services overpriced and being an hour late opening the doors the venue was great. Rouge Wave was scheduled to open the show, but due to weather they were unable to. Tegan and Sara also had a short set. They came out and played very well. This was my second time seeing them as an opening band, and I have to say they put on a good show. They have always been in a great mood played tight songs and engaged the crowd. I would love to see them headline a show, but they only seem to come to town as a supporting band. Their set was a nice mixture of old and new songs.

1. Walking with a Ghost
2. The Con
3. Burn Your Life Down
4. Speak Slow
5. I Bet it Stung (Dedicated to DCFC)
6. So Jealous
7. Where does the Good go
8. Nineteen
9. Back in Your Head
10. Living Room








Death Cab came out quick do to the time shortage. They played fast and didn’t mess around in-between songs. They were always as personable and pleasant with the crowd and enjoyed themselves. This was my third time seeing them play and I have to say they put on a great show.

1. Bixby Canyon Bridge
2. The New Year
3. Why You’d Want to Live Here
4. Photobooth
5. Long Division
6. Grapevine Fires
7. A Movie Script Ending
8. Where Soul Meets Body (Ben mentioned he needed to practice before coming on stage before trying fancy guitar tricks)
9. Follow You into the Dark (Ben was alarmed by the lack of clothing people were wearing for the temperature outside)
10. I Will Possess Your Heart
11. Cath
12. No Sunlight (Ben said this story is kind of about today)
13. Company Calls
14. Crooked Teeth
15. Sound of Settling
16. Manhattan Marching Band (Once Ben said that this would be their last song the crowd got upset and he said Come on you know we’ll be right back out in a few minutes, which got everyone laughing and screaming)
Encore
17. Title and Registration (Ben jokingly mentioned they had to hurry up and finish by 10 or they’d turn into pumpkins(this was a reference to the curfew the venue has to close by 10pm (It’s outside and surrounded by houses)))
18. Your Bruise
19. Transatlanticism


All in all I loved the show and wished we hadn’t missed Rogue Wave and had more time with each of the bands. I don’t think I’ll go back to the venue by choice but if a band goes there that I like I’ll still go.
Only complaint was that Tegan and Sara didn’t sell any T-Shirts in XL size. What’s that about? Don’t they think fat dudes like their music? Well I do.

0 comments: