Thursday, April 12, 2007

Kurt Vonnegut Jr. is free God bless you

Hitting My Head on Ice

The first to capture me in a cage
the burning describes the feelings that remain
wandering alone in the snow blown fields
looking for the horse that did not want to be found
carrots and bridle one hidden the other shown
i have the feeling of time quaking in my bones
the pain still comes to me from time to time
it makes me wonder if i am still growing these pains
in my legs are like quick drying liquid plastic
there is nothing that could make me sale cars
yet it remains unlike the shape of you in a mirror
the cage door is open and empty
does that mean your free or floundering in your
own cosmic soup bowl?
i think if i were to plunge a toilet with an alien
you would be there like a pendant between her breasts
offering comfort and peace
that long sot after peace
until the ash burns cold on the single
cigarette in the single ashtray
in the middle of a lounge bar
only a hotel conference room full of businessmen
would be more depressing then this.
what would you say if i were to speak hello
goodbye hi bye farewell
hello


0 comments: