Monday, February 19, 2007

The Catch in My Throat


I'll catch what I can and leave my vain hopes to the floor.
Is this guilt or godly sorrow I wish there was a test strip
to use on things like this.
forward my words of forgiveness
along with congratulations on the morrow.

This guilt has so long attached itself to me
I don't know what it would feel like to be
release from the weight.
Could there be a home a seclusion from it, if i still
seek it.
I know what needs to be done and yet
the light burns me to the knees.
the witch will soon be dead and then freedom?

Is it all tied together the stress, pain and longing. Is there
a limit to what I seek.
Lame as she is my mistress will not put me down
and these lines bleed for something new.
not this old song again and again,
William I am waiting.

0 comments: