Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Who



They came to the Delta Center on the !3th of November. They made me turn into a little prepubescent girl screaming my head off. It's an experience that measures on indescribable. The set list was amazing and if you'd like to see what they played check out the link to 'None More Black' to the left of the screen the lucky Hoss got a real live set list from the stage. The majority of their set was hits with a little break in the middle for their mini opera which can be found on their newest album. I really liked it myself. The moment of climax for me was Baba O' Riley that being my most favorite flavors of the Who. It's hard to describe the motion of Pete and Roger while they perform. Two giants among musicians. I was lucky enough to be in the cheapest of seats at the very top far corner of the stage on Pete's side. I say lucky because I was able to see the action from a top down perspective and it was amazing to be able to focus on the men as they played. At any other seat I don't think I would have been able to focus on both they have too much presence. The last thing I'll mention about the show is the movies/visual art they played behind them was amazing and breathe taking. If you still have a single cell in your body breathing you must see them live!

1 comments:

Vern Waters said...

Such a cool night. Thanks for the mention. Sorry I didn't see you. I was down with the doctors and lawyers. I spent my entire concert going budget for the year on this show. I got the set list, bought the T-Shirt (and the program and some pins) and I have great memories. And Chrissie Hynde rocked the house and showed Salt Lake City that she didn't "get a fat ass." She reminded everyone that Pete Townshend was like love waliking in a room.

If you missed it, you have another chance. You can buy the CD and/or DVD. Go to TheMusic.com. Brannigan and I both have ours on order...