Friday, September 01, 2006

The Summer of George is Over

Well I've been ignoring my postings since being out of school. I can't say that I've missed writing but it's also nice getting back to it to. I've finished my history in music and well on my way to volume seven.
This fall semester is going to be busy but I like being busy it makes time go by fast and I frankly can't wait to be done with school. I'm not a big school fan, it's never been a high point in my life. I've always enjoyed self-education more but you can't get the jobs with that so once again the man is keeping me down.

Damn the Man!

There's changes in the air here at the library. My boss is leaving to manage a different department and the girl I replaced is coming back to replace my boss. I like the girl but we've never connected before so I hope we can work well together. There's a lot I like about my current job but a lot that I don't. Being young and in a leadership position is hard because a lot of the people I'm over have issues with me being young and now that the person the person I'm replacing is coming back I think it's only going to make my job harder. I sometimes think I shouldn't worry about it so much, once I get my degree I'll be sent somewhere else and I won't have to deal with them anymore, but then again I might run into this in other places and it's a good idea to learn how to handle it now then saving it for later. The biggest problem is I don't know what to do to fix the problem. And I can't talk to my boss about it because they think everyone is great and perfect and I don't feel like being the one to tell them different especially if they don't believe me so I'm doing a lot of testing of theories right now. If anyone has a suggestion let me know...

0 comments: