Monday, August 14, 2006

Mates of State/ Death Cab for Cutie




The night started with one of my all time favorite bands to see live. Mates of State, they're a husband and wife combo that play organ and drums and man can they really get the energy going. I loved seeing them in a big stadium nothing like wimbelton but bigger than the normal club that I've seen them in twice before. I think they've reached the status of traveling band(meaning I'm willing to travel to see them play live)
This is their setlist for the night:
Orem Ut 8-8-06
1.Think Long
2.Goods(all in your head)
3.Beautiful Dreamer
4.Fraud in the 80's
5.For the Actor
6.Like U Crazy/Crazy*/Like U Crazy
7.Ha Ha#
8.So Many Ways
9.Punchline$
10.Running Out
*this is Gnarles Barlkey's Hit Crazy they did a cover of half way through their song, I really enjoyed it more than the original.
#this song they dedicated to all the people who've seen them play at Kilby Court a great club in SLC. That's where I saw them the two times before so I liked this.
$this is either about or dedicated to their neighbor



This is my second time to see Death Cab for Cutie play live and I really like these guys. I got to hear the songs I wanted to hear and over all the show was great.
Here's what they played

1.405
2.Your Heart is an Empty Room
3.The New Year
4.We Laugh Indoors
5.Title and Registration
6.Crooked Teeth
7.Summer Skin
8.Photobooth
9.Company Calls
10.Company Calls Epilogue#
11.What Sarah Said
12.Amputationss
13.Soul Meets Body
14.A Movie Script Ending
15.Expo 86
16.We Look Like Giants
17.The Sound of Settling
Encore
18.I Will Follow You into the Dark
19.I'm Going Home*
20.Transatlanticism$
# dedicated to the Mates of State
*this is a cover of The Sonics a great song by the way
$Mates of State came on stage to play and sing with them on this song


Notes:
It smelled like Halloween
fake colors
personalities

1 comments:

Vern Waters said...

Sounds like a great show and a wonderful evening! Thanks for sharing.

BTW, Happy Anniversary! -RDM