Friday, November 28, 2008

50,116




Two days left in the month and I'm done! My novel is written. I can take that off my list to do before I die. The plan is now to take the month off and begin working on the 1st Draft. I need to flesh out the story, fix the plot and add another 70,000-100,000 words to the story. I found that having a deadline is the best thing for my creative juices so I plan to have my 1st draft completed by March 31, 2009. Next is to have someone read my story and tell me were the story falls short creatively. Then I'll work two months on fixing those problems which will be the end of May, 2009. I'll then have someone edit my novel for grammatical errors which should take at least two months which will end around the 1st of Augusts. I'll start submitting the novel to agents and publishers and take two months off and start my next novel in November 2009.

I would recommend the program to anyone who's ever thought about writing a novel but never got around to finding the time to do it. Tell them they should do it, sign up for NaNoWriMo.org

4 comments:

dmaismith said...

Do you let your wife read what you've written?

Brannigan C said...

She hasn't read my novel, but she is an editor. I'll have her do the final edit. I do however need to find a few people willing to read my 2nd draft, for creative edits. If you have anyone that you think would be willing let me know.

Knite20 said...

I'm in. I'll read your beauty and lay it on the line for ya. Gotta love deadlines.

Brannigan C said...

Thanks buddy, I'll let you know when my next draft is done.