Monday, November 10, 2008

18,000






I didn't think I would do it. I'm great at starting goals but I always seem to get busy doing other things and fall short. I don't want to get cocky just yet but so far so good. I've been working hard at my NaNoWriMo.org and I made 18,000 even today. By the end of the week I'll be at or over the half way point. It is weird to think that if I keep it up I'll have a 50,000 word novel. Right now it's not the best work I've done, but I think that's been my problem in the past I don't like to move on in my writing until everything is perfect which means I have a great 20 page story but I can ever seem to move past that. With this goal I'm writing a crappy well not crappy but not great story that will be finish by the end of the month. All that will remain is going back over it and editing it to completion. I hope to be able to have a finished and edited novel by the end of next year that I can be submitting to agents and publishers.
I'm sorry if I'm neglecting my many readers but I'm trying to save all my writing juice for the book. I'll try and keep you posted on my progress through the month.

1 comments:

dmaismith said...

Keep it up!