Monday, January 15, 2007

Water Heaters and Kittens

Over the weekend our water heater started leaking a lot of water we attempted to find a guy that worked over the weekend to come and fix it for us, but due to the low temp there was a large volume of pipes that froze and then burst over the weekend so the soonest we could get someone was on Monday. Well after talking to my Dad while visiting with my grandmother I found out that he had replaced two in the past so he said he'd show me how. I always take the opportunity to be more manly so after only two hours of grunting and groaning and a lot of new smells and liquids We installed a new one in the old house. It was half the price of getting some dude to come in and do it and now I know how to do it. I feel that much closer to being a man.

The other news is that Tabasco is about to get a new brother and sister. Both gray tabbies. One is coming from the pound and the other from a development rescue. I just hope all three enjoy each other and have a long happy life together.

This is my last week of freedom before school starts again.

2 comments:

dmaismith said...

I'm happy to hear that my pipes weren't the only ones to freeze during this same weekend. My landlord didn't seem too happy that I didn't tell him about it right away but it took a while to realize that the pipes may have frozen and that was why the hot water in the kitchen wouldn't turn on.

Brannigan C said...

that sucks did you flood?