Wednesday, July 18, 2007

It's Over for Now


I got my grades in for my last semester of Grad. School. All A's once again I have to quickly acknowledge the fact that I had little to do with those grades and owe all my success to my Father in Heaven, Wife and Co-Workers.

I have my comprehensive final that is this September/October and will take place on campus at the University of Wisconsin. Hopefully all will go well and I'll graduate without a hitch this fall.

What then? Where do I go from here? I've thought about this a lot over the last year. Educationally I don't plan on taking anymore formal classes for the next five years unless required for my job. I do plan on reading all of the books I've been buying and stock pilling for the last nine years while I've been in undergrad and grad school. I finally have the time to read the things I want to read. This is probably my greatest reward with finishing school; I get to read books I pick. I also plan on taking some classes for fun like guitar, cooking, art, writing, and whatever else might tickle my fancy at the time. I also will need to get a second job if I want to be able to get out of debt from all of my student loans I've acquired over the many years.

Professionally I don't know where I want to go, well that's not entirely true. The next two years I will be an indentured servant to my benefactor library. They were kind enough to help me pay for half of my schooling and to help me with assignments and such and I plan to work my butt off for two years paying them back. After that I plan to apply for several dream job locations and see what happens. I won't list those here but I will say there are also some dream job locations, Northwest, and the East Coast.

Kids are the other big goal in the next few years.

0 comments: